2018 District6/14 Interlock Rules
2018 – LOWER MAINLAND HOUSE INTERLOCK RULES – DISTRICT 6/14
1. All games to be governed by League Rules. Where no League Rules apply, Softball BC Operating Rules, then Softball Canada’s Rules will be in effect.
2. This is a noprotest League,Umpire decisions will be final.
3. All game times will be 6:30 pm & 8:30 pm, unless otherwise specified by the Home Team’s Association.
4. The Home Team is responsible for supplying Umpires, game balls, lining the field and supplying a “double base”.
5. Five run maximum per inning in effect, 7th inning open and the mercy rule will be at the discretion of the losing Coach after five innings.
6. In the case of a team, which cannot field its normal number of players, it may pick up registered players from an equal or a lower category to a maximum of the team’s normal playing number. Names of pickups are to be given to opposing Coach.
7. Teams may play with 8 players. Coaches have the option of borrowing a defensive from the opposition. When the 9th player arrives they may be added to the roster without penalty. In the case of 8 players the 9th player will NOT be an automatic out.
8. All teams must play all league games. Cancelled or Rained out games must be re-scheduled within two weeks of the date of the cancellation and played within two weeks of the last scheduled league games. Teams MUST make every effort to make up the game with the opposing team.
9. The Home Coach should make every effort to notify the opposing team of game cancellations due to weather within a fair time frame considering travel. IE. If the team is travelling to Mission from Burnaby for a 6:30 game, cancellations due to weather should be made no later than 3:30.
10. As Associations are still required to cover Field Rentals and Umpires for cancellations without adequate notice (24 hours), except when weather related.
U10C – 2 innings
U12C /U14C– 4 innings
U16C /U19C-- No limit